Thursday 29 March 2012

Mark Brooks



I found this artist, Mark Brooks on Deviantart. He is an illustrator by profession, and draws his basic images freehand in pencil. I assume he then scans them into a computer and fills them with colour and makes small alterations. Both the sample images I have here also have the original pencil drawing with them. The top left image is the original hand drawn pencil illustration, then the bottom left is the next stage after he scanned it into the computer, and the image on the right is the final creation, having been filled with colour on a programme such as photoshop. I like Mark Brooks' work, but I think if i tried to do something similar it would turn out very badly, as he is a talented illustrator in the first place (whereas I most certainly am not) 



Heres another image with the original hand drawing on the left and the finished image on the right, Mark Brooks would have used the same technique for this one as he would the top image.

No comments:

Post a Comment